Customer Service Advisory Committee Terms of Reference
Reporting to the Metrolinx Board, the GO Transit Customer Service Advisory Committee will be established as an advisory committee to
Metrolinx to provide for on-going public participation in customer service improvements.
2. Roles and Responsibilities
- Promote dialogue and information exchange regarding public communication of key customer issues.
- Serve as a sounding board for key GO Transit issues.
- Aid Metrolinx staff in providing consultation and advice related to customer service.
- Assist in advising on policy issues for services regarding the interests of customers.
Membership for this committee shall be open to those interested on a voluntary basis and will consist of the following:
- The committee will be composed of nine GO Transit customers, with at least each one representing a train or bus service corridor.
- A member of the Metrolinx Board, appointed by the Chairman, will serve as the ex-officio member of the committee.
4. Selection Process
The membership selection process will be undertaken with a public solicitation through
the GO Transit website. In addition, Metrolinx will also accept
nominations of qualified candidates from any existing committee
Metrolinx is looking for:
- Members who reside within the GO Transit service areas and are users of the GO Transit system, and who are willing to constructively bring their customer perspective to GO Transit. These individuals are willing to make the commitment to attend, participate and engage in meetings on the
committee and any other related activities.
- Potential members are to outline their qualifications and reasons for wanting to participate on the
- Applications for open positions will be reviewed and evaluated by
a selection team composed of Metrolinx Board members and
Metrolinx staff. The selection team will make recommendation to
the Chairman of Metrolinx, who shall make the final decision on
- Members of the committee will serve for an initial term of one year from the date of their acceptance.
Members may be reappointed, without the requirement to reapply,
for an additional term of up to one year, at the discretion of
Metrolinx. Notwithstanding expiration of a member's term
(including any renewal term), any member of the committee shall
be permitted to reapply for appointment for an additional term.
Meetings will be held on a quarterly basis or at the call of the Chairman of
Metrolinx. The ex-officio Metrolinx Board Member on the committee will set the agenda for
each committee meeting.
The ex-officio Metrolinx Board Member on the committee shall provide
minutes of each committee meeting on a quarterly basis to the
- The Director of Customer Service for GO Transit will act as liaison and resource to the
committee to ensure prompt responses for information and deal with any recommendations and concerns.
- A representative of Customer Services at GO Transit will be tasked to attend committee meetings, record and distribute any committee minutes, meeting notices and correspondence.
These Terms of Reference take effect on the date so approved by the Board.
Date of Approval: November 16, 2009